August 4, 2009

Arrows of Integrity


READY8 "Every job is a self-portrait of the person who does it. Autograph your work with excellence." ~ Author Unknown

AIM8 I encountered a situation recently that really shook me. It was a situation where I felt my personal integrity and motives for life were being questioned. I wasn’t sure how to approach it as I was angry on one end of the emotional spectrum and hurt and upset on the other end.

When you are personally attacked in life, you have two choices: surrender or fight back. In this case, I wasn’t sure which choice to make. I had a very hard time deciding which avenue would make a difference for me and the others around me.

Needless to say, my passion for life started burning and lit a fire inside me to fight back. However, you must be very careful when choosing to fight back. For me, I have a strong desire to prove that my integrity is something that speaks for itself. My actions of defense will be examples of excellence and my impact will be one that defeats any attack against my personal motives to make a difference.

Have you ever encountered a situation in life like mine? How did you respond…verbal outrage, silent stewing or the choice to do something positive?

FIRE8 Make it your personal decision every day to always choose the high road when faced with difficult choices in life. While your opponent may choose the low road, you will both eventually end up at your destination and YOU will always come out on top!

Be Excellent!
Lori

No comments:

Post a Comment