April 29, 2010

Capture A Moment


READY8 “Realize deeply that the present moment is all you ever have.” ~ Eckhart Tolle

AIM8 I feel like sooner or later I’m going to catch myself not knowing if I’m coming or going, or doing them at the same time. I realized yesterday afternoon that I didn’t get my weekly Arrows message out to your inboxes in a timely manner. However, I just had to stop and catch my breath and capture a few moments of life. So last night, instead of doing things on my perpetually long to-do list, I enjoyed time with my children. Occasionally, I’ll treat the kids to a pizza picnic and tonight seemed like the perfect night. They got home from school, did their homework and we promptly left to pick up a pizza. Once back home, the kids spread a blanket out on the living room floor and we ate pizza while watching a family movie together. Truly, our pizza picnics have been wonderful ways to capture a few extra moments with my children. I make sure to put away all of my other activities and I don’t multi-task when we’re together. We hang out, laugh, cuddle and just enjoy the evening without interruptions. What a refreshing break from my crazy, hectic, too-many-things-to-do life. So that’s my story and I’m sticking to it!

FIRE!8 When life gets crazy and you catch yourself coming and going simultaneously, what do you do to slow down and capture a moment? If nothing else, take a hot bath. Perhaps Calgon can help take you away!


Be Excellent!
Lori

No comments:

Post a Comment