February 28, 2013

The Blessing Of A Friend

READY... One good reason to only maintain a small circle of friends is that three out of four murders are committed by people who know the victim.” ~ George Carlin

AIM…  “You gotta have friends.”  “And friends are friends forever.”  “That’s what friends are for.”  There are so many different songs singing the praises and value of a good friendship.  It’s true.  Friends really can be friends forever.  Friends are there to cheer for you in the good times and cry with you in the not so good times.  Friends are there to laugh with you until your stomach hurts or you pee your pants.  Friends are there to pick up the pieces when life crumbles around you and help you put them back together.  Truly, what would we do without our friends? 

I know I am SUPER, EXTRA blessed to have many, many friends.  I have friends whom I have known since my school days and friends I met when I moved to our new town.  I have friends who were at my wedding and friends I hang out with at my kids’ soccer games.  I have friends I enjoy chatting with over coffee and friends I can catch up with over a quick text or phone call.  I truly have the BEST friends a woman could ask for.  When the chips are down, my friends lift me up.  When I’m soaring sky high, I lift my friends higher.  That’s what it’s all about, right?  Besides the simple fact that we have the innate need to love and be loved; friends are there to love us so we can love them right back.

Thank you, to each one of you, for being my friend!

FIRE!   Be a blessing to a friend today.  Write her an encouraging email.  Drop off her favorite treat as a surprise.  Send a funny card in the mail.  No matter what you do, you’ll be adding more cement to your valuable relationship as friends.                                                              

Be Excellent!
Lori

No comments:

Post a Comment