February 2, 2010

Little Giggles


READY8 “I am thankful for laughter, except when milk comes out of my nose.” ~Woody Allen

AIM8 There it is again -- the sound of contagious laughter. Down the hallway I hear the giggles of my darling daughter who is playing with her best friend, her big brother. What are they doing that is making her laugh so hard and giggle so much? Why can't I laugh like that anymore? Has life become that serious for me that I don't even capture small moments to laugh?

My own curiosity got the best of me, and I just had to investigate. As I approached their bedrooms, I found my son holding one of my daughter's socks and my daughter perched up on the top bunk of her big brother's bed. She was giggling away as he taunted her with her missing sock. Oh, to be filled with the simple joy of a child and find humor in a friendly game of “steal my sock.” It made me smile, and for that moment, I felt so blessed to have two beautiful children who are healthy, love each other and laugh about the small, silly things in life.

Sometimes we just need to take a break and laugh about those things in our lives that are truly the simple, silly things. We can always learn valuable lessons from our children about not taking life too seriously. As I turned to quietly walk back down the hall, I was thinking ahead to the next time they would be getting dressed, where maybe I, too, could giggle, laugh and play a rousing game of “steal my sock.”

FIRE!8 Spend 15 minutes a day doing something totally FUN! Read a joke book, watch a silly video or play a crazy game. You’ll find that the extra time you spent this week laughing and enjoying yourself was totally worth the investment of the 1 hour and 45 minutes in your life.

P.S. What do baby sweet potatoes wear to bed? Their yammies!! :-)

Be Excellent!
Lori

No comments:

Post a Comment