March 2, 2010

Are You Teachable?


READY8 “The purpose of learning is growth, and our minds, unlike our bodies, can continue growing as long as we live.” ~ Mortimer Adler

AIM8 You’ve been enjoying the life topics of Arrows of Integrity for almost eight months now. Hooray! However, as I learn from my experiences in life, I have been wondering if you are learning anything from the weekly messages I’ve been sending you. All the good advice in the world won't help if you don't have a teachable spirit. To know whether you are really open to new ideas and new ways of doing things, answer the following questions:

Am I open to other people's ideas?
Do I listen more than I talk?
Am I open to changing my opinion bases on new information?
Do I readily admit when I am wrong?
Do I observe before acting on a situation?
Do I ask questions?
Am I willing to ask a question that will expose my ignorance?
Am I willing to ask for directions?
Do I act defensive when criticized, or do I listen openly for the truth?

If you answered no to one or more of these questions, then you have room to grow in the area of teach-ability. Remember the words of John Wooden: "Everything we know we learned from someone else!"

FIRE!8 I’m sure you simply read through the above questions to get to the bottom of my message. Take 5 minutes, reread the questions above and answer them honestly. Recognize areas where you can improve and pat yourself on the back for the areas where you excel!!

Be Excellent!
Lori

No comments:

Post a Comment