October 12, 2010

Even There

READY8 “Even there your hand will guide me, and your strength will support me.” Psalm 139:10 NLT

AIM8 It’s not often that we take the time to stop and evaluate our lives, our jobs or our family situations. As you look at your journey through life, do you feel like you are really thriving…or are you just simply surviving? No matter where you are on this journey, “even there”, God is with you. Psalm 139:10 says, “Even there your hand will guide me, and your strength will support me.” This Bible verse spoke volumes to me when I heard it in a leadership video recently. I can’t tell you how many times in my life journey that I have felt frustrated, elated, exasperated, overjoyed and even alone. It’s so easy to forget that God really is THERE for us; even in worst and the weirdest of times.

God is there to give you patience and peace for your rough days when even getting out of bed seems impossible. God is there to share your joy when you are celebrating the success of an important business deal going through. God is there to give you strength and assurance when you are cuddling a frightened and fevered child in the doctor’s office. Most of all, God is “even there” giving you love when you’ve given every last ounce of yourself and just can’t possibly muster the energy to do one more thing. “Even there…”

I encourage you to let God be your safe-zone, your recharging station, your sanity saver and your spiritual connection. You will definitely notice that your energy will be renewed and your outlook on life will improve. “Even there” God will strengthen your efforts at home, at work, at play and He will reward your faithfulness.

FIRE!8 Make time to be still this week. Give yourself five extra minutes in the morning before you rush out the door to pause and reflect on how things are going in your life. “Even there” God will meet you and give you energy and ideas for the new day.

Be Excellent!
Lori

No comments:

Post a Comment