April 4, 2012

"Son"shine

READY… “The thief cometh not but to steal and to kill and to destroy. I am come that they might have life, and that they might have it more abundantly.” John 10:10 NKJV

AIM… I had one of the most insane weeks last week. Just as it seemed nothing else crazy could happen, it did! The week started out fantastic because my eight year old daughter decided to get baptized. Hooray! There was a party in heaven on Sunday and in all of our hearts as well. However, as the week progressed, each day I was faced with one obstacle after another. Monday, we had to pay $1800 in taxes for our new car – surprise! Tuesday, there was a bomb threat at my son’s school and they had to evacuate. Wednesday, my daughter missed the bus and I was late getting to work, where I experienced a computer glitch and various other obstacles. Thursday, I discovered I had a flat tire when pulling out of the garage and had to hurry up and change it so I could make my doctor’s appointment. Friday, I locked myself out of the house and thankfully got our spare key from the neighbor. I know, seriously?!? Each day, after each challenge, I kept saying, “It’s gotta get better from here.” Truly, I was believing life to get better each day and yet, each day something happened that attempted to sway my positive attitude. Ugh!! It wasn’t until Friday when I was talking to my mother that she brought it to my attention that after Alyssa’s obedience to God by getting baptized, the devil was most likely upset and starting attacking our family in any vulnerable way possible. Yes, those incidents were thankfully minor, but in the grand scheme of things, they added up to much frustration on my part. It’s true; the devil is alive and working against us in many ways.

Take 2 minutes to listen to the predictions in this clip from Paul Harvey’s radio broadcast back in 1965. Scary to realize the connection to everything we are experiencing in 2012, isn’t it? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LJc8Mzg0C-c&feature=player_embedded

This week, as Christians prepare their hearts for Easter celebrations and the joy of Jesus’ resurrection, take time to reflect on the greater purpose of this important holiday. While the devil attempts to ruin our lives, Jesus died to wipe the slate clean and cover ALL the mistakes from our past, present and future so we could live positively, successful and amazing lives full of blessings. I’m so glad I know my life is better this week and with each new day because the SON is shining down on me.

FIRE!   When life gets crazy, stay positive. I think Helen Keller put it best, “If you keep your face to the sun, you cannot see the shadows.” So when the devil is lurking in your neck of the woods, let the SON shine through and light up the darkness you are feeling.

Be Excellent!
Lori

No comments:

Post a Comment