May 25, 2011

Live Like You Were Dying

READY… "Somebody should tell us, right at the start of our lives that we are
dying. Then we might live life to the limit, every minute of every day. Do it! I say. Whatever you want to do, do it now! There are only so many tomorrows.” ~ Pope Paul VI

AIM… I couldn’t help but notice that the Rapture didn’t occur this past weekend as predicted by some. Either that or I’ve been WAY worse of a person in life than I remember and all the good folks are already gone!! Seriously, we are in the midst of the end times; however, no one will really know when it will truly happen. We could all wait for years and years or it could happen tomorrow.

What if, however, we really DID know when the end of the world as we know it was going to occur? What would you do differently? Would you continue working, going to school, raising your family and socializing exactly as you are today? Or would you choose to live your life differently? What would you do differently? Some people when given a terminal diagnosis suddenly decide to do all the things in life they’ve always wanted to do because they realize their lives are now limited and have a deadline. Why in the world didn’t they make that decision years before?

I know there are days when I don’t feel like I’m living like I would if I knew I was dying; however, there are days I know I wouldn’t change a thing. So…what are you going to do to live like you were dying today?

*Note – My daughter and I were in a bad car accident last evening. Thankfully, by the grace of God, we are ok with lots of scrapes and big bruises (p.s. It wasn’t my fault.) I wrote this message earlier having no idea what would occur later in my day. I am grateful this morning that I can live another day to send this to you and encourage you to LIVE EACH DAY TO THE FULLEST!!

FIRE! Choose to do something different in your routine today that will make you feel totally happy and fulfilled. Live and embrace life like there’s no tomorrow!

Be Excellent!
Lori

No comments:

Post a Comment