July 12, 2011

What If?

READY… “What if you gave someone a gift, and they neglected to thank you for it--would you be likely to give them another? Life is the same way. In order to attract more of the blessings that life has to offer, you must truly appreciate what you already have.”
~ Ralph Marston

AIM… Let me ask you something. “What if you woke up today with only the things you thanked God for yesterday?” Whoa, talk about an eye-opening question! My friend sent me that as an inspiration for an Arrows of Integrity message. I must admit, it stopped me dead in my tracks. I was horrified to think about what I would open my eyes to see tomorrow because I often neglect to give God thanks for the things I enjoyed or experienced earlier that day. My how we take our lives and all our comforts for granted.

As I pondered this message, it really got me thinking about what I needed to thank God for every day; things that I totally expect every day. I am thankful for my good health. I am thankful for clean water to drink and hot water for stress-relieving showers…daily. I am thankful for air conditioning in the summer and heat in the winter. I am thankful for a sturdy house with a strong roof, windows and bathrooms with locks. (Hey, I have children and occasionally need an escape!) I am thankful for my husband’s secure job and more-than-enough paychecks so I can stay home with our children and buy clothing and shoes along with plenty of groceries to feed our family. I am thankful for a loving family and supportive friends. I could go on and on about what I am truly thankful for but we’d literally be here all day.

It became overwhelmingly obvious to me that I simply need to thank God daily for the simple conveniences and blessings He grants us every day simply because He loves us. That’s all it takes is just an honest “thank you” to show gratitude to the one who gives us life so we can live it to the fullest.

FIRE! Don’t wait for a special moment; stop and express your gratitude to God today! Rest assured that He will hear you and will grant you even more tomorrow than you enjoyed today.

Be Excellent!
Lori

No comments:

Post a Comment