June 13, 2012

Balancing Act

READY… “Just as your car runs more smoothly and requires less energy to go faster and farther when the wheels are in perfect alignment, you perform better when your thoughts, feelings, emotions, goals, and values are in balance.” ~ Brian Tracy

AIM… I apologize to all my loyal readers for my unexpected two-week absence. Thank you to all of you who checked in to make sure things were okay and made sure I was going to continue writing my Arrows of Integrity messages for you to read. I needed to take a break to enjoy a few days of fun with my children as summer kicked off, but I also needed to observe how out of balance my life gets from time to time. Life is good; no worries, I assure you. However, I’ve been innately aware of the need to reprioritize how I address my daily activities and my approach to family life. Sometimes you just need to be able to take a step back and look at your situation from a different perspective. I’m happy to say that I have good intentions of moving things around in order to accomplish all I want to do on a daily basis. But I also realize that my life is never going to be perfect, look perfect or have complete and total balance. It is at those moments when the balance is off that I will need to pause, reflect and take action to keep my life in order. Ahhhh…a life in balance is true bliss. Perhaps one day I will feel as such, until then, here’s to my feeble attempts at creating harmony in my heart and home.

FIRE! Make a list of all the things you do on a daily basis. What activities get the majority of your attention? If your priorities are out of balance, start today by adjusting your schedule and redirecting your focus. Feel it? There is peace in a balanced life.

Be Excellent!
Lori

No comments:

Post a Comment